Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Big Idea

"Using elements drawn from popular culture, particular social groups, or a certain cultural milieu may appeal to select audiences." Page 97, Advertising by Design. My product is footwear, I've already positioned my product in the market, created an image, and analysed my competition. So, when thinking about what my big idea is going to be I know it has to be unique. The market I chose is not niche at all, it's quite big rather. Using secondary research from other classes I've had I know that young adults ages 21-30 tend to have less shoes than their younger counterparts. Even though they have less shoes they also tend to have less brands. Knowing this I want to come up with an advertising campaign that will be relatable to this market. I also want to use a historic milieu that will be easily recognizable season to season. This is why I picked to use the 50's pinup girl, for this first campaign. Each season the company will pick a different historic milieu to use for the advertising campaign. This will create a relationship with the customer and also a sense of anticipation to see what will be used the next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment